Walk Among the Shadows
Portland and the Civil War
OCTOBER 24-26 & 30-31
6:30PM - 7:30PM
Sunday, OCTOBER 27
5:00PM - 6:00PM
Hear the cemetery residents come to life and voice their strange Civil War tales against the eerie, dimly-lit, gravestone-filled background.
- Meet at the Congress Street gate
- The line begins to form by 6:15pm each night (4:45 on the 27th) so the first group is ready to go through at 6:30pm
- First-come, first-served!
- The event is not scary and is appropriate for children of all ages
- Groups will proceed into the site every 15 minutes led by a silent specter; groups of about 12 will go through; prepare to wait in line on busy nights!
- Tickets are $10, children under 12 are $5
- Tours last about 45 minutes to 1 hour
- Wear appropriate layers and footwear — it gets chilly when the sun goes down, and you'll be trekking down Funeral Lane, a dirt pathway
- Tours may be canceled because of rain or snow(!)
- Our specters, gate helpers, organizers, and actors (everyone, that is) are all volunteers! Half of all proceeds raised go to Spirits Alive to help them maintain, improve, and preserve the Eastern Cemetery and the other half go to Acorn Productions, a non-profit performing arts group.