Walk Among the Shadows
Evening Tours Through the Eastern Cemetery
Illustration by Douglas Campbell, design by Diane Brakely
Take a stroll down Funeral Lane with a hooded specter at your side and experience "The Bombardment of Falmouth, 1775." Amidst the stones of a colonial boneyard, spirits come alive during Walk Among the Shadows and share with you the tale of lives once lived.
- Meet at the Congress Street gate
- The line begins to form by 6:15pm each night (5:15 on Sunday) so the first group is ready to go through at 6:30pm (5:30pm on Sunday)
- First-come, first-served!
- The event is not scary and is appropriate for children of all ages
- Groups will proceed into the site every 20 minutes led by a silent specter; groups of about 15-20 will go through; prepare to wait in line on busy nights!
- Tickets are $10, children under 12 are $5
- The entire play lasts about 40 minutes
- Wear appropriate layers and footwear — it gets chilly when the sun goes down, and you'll be trekking down Funeral Lane, a dirt pathway. YOU SHOULD DRESS FOR WINTER! Make the event enjoyable; the dark October nights are mostly always bone-chilling. (A hot drink might even be a good idea.)
- Tours may be canceled because of rain or snow (!)
- Our specters, gate helpers, and organizers are all volunteers! Half of the admission goes to Spirits Alive to help us maintain, improve, and preserve the Eastern Cemetery while the other half goes to the professional Acorn Productions actors who portray our spirits.