Walk Among the Shadows
Evening Tours with Spirits Alive and Acorn Productions
October 18-20 and 25-27, 2012
6:30pm - 7:30pm
Hear the cemetery residents come to life and voice their strange tales against the eerie, dimly-lit, gravestone-filled background.
- Meet at the Congress Street gate
- The line begins to form by 6:15pm each night so the first group is ready to go through at 6:30pm
- First-come, first-served!
- Tours are not scary and are appropriate for children of all ages
- Groups will proceed into the site every 15 minutes led by a silent specter; groups of about 12 will go through; prepare to wait in line on busy nights!
- Tickets are $10, children under 12 are $5
- Tours last about 45 minutes to 1 hour
- Wear appropriate layers and footwear - it gets chilly when the sun goes down, and you'll be trekking down Funeral Lane, a dirt pathway
- Tours may be canceled because of rain.
- Our specters, ticket-takers, organizers, and actors are all volunteers! Half of all proceeds raised go to Spirits Alive to help them maintain, improve, and preserve the Eastern Cemetery and the other half go to Acorn Productions, a non-profit performing arts group.