Although our regularly-scheduled guided tours of Eastern Cemetery won’t begin until July, why wait? We have docents available now to conduct private tours in advance of the regular summer season. Please Email us with the dates and times of your choosing, and we will do our best to match you up with one of our trained guides (or work with you on alternates dates/times if we cant find an exact match). Please allow 48 hours notice to arrange your private tour —available now through July 4, 2015.
July 8 to October 18, 2015
Wednesdays, Saturdays & Sundays
11:00am to Noon
Tickets are also available at the gate on the day and time of the tour.
These 1-hour tours are led by trained volunteers, who cover the cemetery's history, prominent historical figures, and early gravestone art. Off-schedule private tours are also always available, at no extra charge. Proceeds are used to conserve Eastern Cemetery's gravestones.
- Tours leave from the Congress Street gate.
- Tickets are $10, students and seniors (65+) $5, children under 12 are free (please have correct change as we are not set up to take cards at the gate, just cash or check). Feel free to donate your change to Spirits Alive!
- Tours last up to 1 hour.
- Wear appropriate layers — the wind is always a bit stronger on the hill! The terrain is uneven, and there is very little protection from the sun.
- Tours may be canceled because of rain.
- Our guides are volunteers! All funds raised go to Spirits Alive to help us maintain the Eastern Cemetery grounds.
We also offer specially-arranged tours at a specific date and time for you or your group.
Email us to inquire about special tours and rates for your group, or phone Ron Romano at 207-761-0187. We can tailor the tour to fit the interests of those who wish to attend.
We also conduct evening tours around Halloween called Walk Among the Shadows.