Tours & Events
- Winter Lecture Series - January to March
Join us to learn about topics related to the history and customs around cemeteries like ours.
- Walk Among the Shadows - October
The ghosts of people who died in our city rise for the evening to tell the tales of their extraordinary lives.
- Walking Tours - July to October (Also, Special tours available upon request)
Learn a little about the history of Portland and how its first residents are now cemetery residents. Art, iconography, stone types, cemetery development, and your questions will also be covered.
- Bartlett Adams: Portland's First Stonecutter Lectures & Walks
- Summer and Fall
Learn about the most prolific and Portland's first stonecutter from expert cemetery sleuth, Ron Romano.
- Stone Conservation & Preservation: Workdays - Summer and Fall
Learn to beautify the cemetery's historic stones using proper stone conservation and restoration techniques.
- Gardening & Clean-Up Workdays - Summer
Join us as we tidy the cemetery, removing trash, mulching, pruning, and weeding around the gates. We provide tools, gloves, training and a good time!
- Stone Survey: Photography - Summer & Fall
We spent 4 years transcribing and documenting every stone on the site on paper. Now we are photographing each of them one by one. Wanna help? Orientation for new photographers is ongoing. Contact us if you're interested in working on this project. You set your own schedule!